First we had to stipple in a shape - Leah did not go around the square in the middle, but I couldn't help myself, and I did. It looks So Wrong to me to go over that square - so I didn't. Let's hope I don't get told off...
|Rather small stippling from the top. I used a chalk pencil to mark the sandwich - almost like my first stencil?|
|First square from underneath|
I have lots and lots of this red fabric - a shop assistant and I had a maths accident, which I still have about two metres left of. It was a really big accident, possibly involving a decimal place...
Me and son #1 really like the above star, and plan to turn it into a cushion for the window seat.
The second star looks fine - I definitely was using a stencil thing to make the pattern, and there are different sizes of stippling. So assignment complete! But this didn't come out looking so good to us, we thought it looked too busy and the middle star is drowned by all the busy stippling both in and around it.
This week I used a cheater needle, and I'm terribly impressed with how much tidier my starts and stops were.
The underside of the second one is a bit munted where I forgot to put the foot down till after I'd done a few stitches, but I forgive me! That doesn't mean I'ma gonna show youall!